terça-feira, 30 de junho de 2009

Lembram-se dos Abba?

Lembram-se de Björn Ulvaeus, o compositor e cantor das canções dos Abba? Como se pode ler no The Guardian, afinal é um dos nossos: laicista e empenhado na Associação Humanista Sueca. Ora leiam lá: «Religion and schools don´t mix».
  • «Without thinking too much about it at the time, when I wrote the lyrics for Abba's songs the message I wished to convey tallies well with campaigns launched recently by humanist organisations in the UK, US and Australia:

    "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life." (...) If it wished, Sweden could choose to refrain from using tax money to fund these independent schools. There is nothing in the European Convention on Human Rights that prevents such a course of action. But Sweden has chosen to go the other way. (...) It is important to guarantee people the right to believe whatever they wish. But people should be free to choose their own ideology or belief system when they have become old enough to think for themselves. (...)» (The Guardian)

1 comentário :

Anónimo disse...

My, my, at Waterloo Napoleon did surrender
Oh yeah, and I have met my destiny in quite a similar way
The history book on the shelf
Is always repeating itself

Waterloo - I was defeated, you won the war
Waterloo - Promise to love you for ever more
Waterloo - Couldn't escape if I wanted to
Waterloo - Knowing my fate is to be with you
Waterloo - Finally facing my Waterloo